Ayurveda – The Cure To All type of Dandruff!
Dandruff is mostly caused as a reaction to Chemicals used in some hair products, due to dry Skin or due to Fungal Infections. The Chemicals used in Synthetic Shampoos & conditioners causes severe damage to scalp Skin and hair roots which leads to severe Dandruff growth, Itching and flakes formations.
These accumulate in the areas like shoulders, eyebrows and the back of a person. The baldness may sometimes be accompanied with itchiness and dryness. However, there is also a possibility for a person to go bald due to dandruff. Although dandruff and hair fall rarely happens. Sometimes if the condition continues for a long period of time, the person might even start experiencing symptoms of psoriasis, eczema or seborrhea. Ayurveda hair treatment for dandruff is a skin disorder, usually, affects the scalp and forms flaky dry pieces of dead skin that fall from the scalp.
Dandruff as Defined by Ayurveda
Ayurveda defines dandruff as Daruanak which is the Sanskrit for it. Daruanak is a Vata-Kapha predominant tridoshaj disease. The origin of the disease is at the keshbhumi (scalp).The famous scholars of the older times have mentioned all the above symptoms to be associated with Darunak like the white itchy scalp, itching, and dryness. But they also include symptoms like numbness in the scalp area and excessive hair fall.
Treatment Options of Dandruff in Ayurveda
Ayurveda is one of the oldest known medical science known to man and with time it has evolved into one of the safest. There are various options in Ayurveda for dandruff treatment. These comprise of some home remedies and usages of the most effective herbs. Ayurveda believes in finding the root cause of the disease and then treating it effectively.
Managing Of Dandruff
Dandruff is one of the most common scalp conditions that people face at least once in their lifetime. There are various ways to treat dandruff such as:
● Allopathy: Allopathy is the most easily available sources of dandruff treatment to the people. However, it is not permanent. Allopathic lotions and shampoos are available over the counter and sold in bulk. They help get rid of dandruff for a small period of time and then once the patient stops using them. The symptoms come back. Also, long use of the allopathic products can also cause toxic effects on the body since they are composed of many harmful chemicals.
● Home Remedies: Home remedies are also another dandruff itching scalp treatment. This is the simplest and sometimes the most effective dandruff and hair fall treatment. The only drawback of this dandruff treatment is that it can only be used if the problem is small and is only limited to dandruff. If the problem has gotten bigger and the scalp still itches, other options should be tried. Small home remedies that can be used to cure dandruff are :
Curd– Curd is easily available everywhere and is a great way to get rid of dandruff. Just apply curd like a pack to your scalp and let it sit for an hour. Wash it off and repeat it constantly for better results.
Baking Soda– Baking soda can also be used to treat dandruff. Just wet the hair and rub the baking soda on the scalp for about one minute and then rinse it off immediately.
Henna– Henna or Mehendi is the most famous home remedy for dandruff and to make the hair look softer and shiny. Mix henna with curd, lemon juice, and some tea. Let the mixture rest overnight and then apply to the scalp. Let it dry out and then wash it off.
Multani Mitti – Just like henna, Multani mitti not only helps remove dandruff but also repairs damage and makes the hair more silky and shiny. Make a paste of Multani mitti, lemon, and water. Apply this to your scalp and let it dry for 20 minutes to an hour. Wash it off thoroughly.
Others – In addition to these there are many more remedies for the dandruff treatment such as Neem Juice, Orange Peel And Lemon Juice and Fenugreek pack.
● Natural Treatments: Some natural treatments can also be helpful in treating dandruff and hair fall. Some small things like keeping the hair clean, trimming them regularly in case of men, combing the hair with a thick and wide comb etc. In addition to this eating, a healthy diet and drinking lots of water can also be helpful.
● Ayurveda: Ayurveda is one of the most effective and long-lasting techniques that has the best dandruff products to cure the condition of a root. Ayurvedic treatment for dandruff is all about finding the right cause of the condition. According to Ayurveda, for the proper functioning of the body, there is the need for all the doshas to be in balance with each other. If anyone of them is imbalanced, the body suffers. Dandruff comes under the Shudra Roga which is basically due to the imbalance in all the three doshas; the Kapha and the vata. The dandruff is caused due to the lack of moisture in the scalp or due to the impurities in the blood and Ayurveda finds the actual cause of this and helps treat it.
Unique Features of Dandruff Ayurvedic Treatments
Ayurvedic medical treatment for dandruff is a mixture of different procedures. First, the reason for the dandruff is found out. The causes can be many including improper diet, stress or some kind of prolonged disease. The unique features of Ayurvedic medical treatment for dandruff are:
● Finds The Root Cause: Dandruff is caused due to many underlying conditions and in order to treat it completely, the root cause has to be found. In Ayurveda, the root cause of a condition is treated in order for the symptoms to go.
● Special Emphasis On The Diet: Diet is a major factor that affects the health and well-being of any individual. Dandruff is caused by improper diet and habits. So unlike other treatment options, anti-dandruff treatment ayurvedic emphasizes of a proper diet and some exercises to keep the body healthy and never let the dandruff return.
● Medicines With No Side Effects: There are over 73 anti-dandruff treatment ayurvedic medicines that are highly effective. The best part is that these have no side effects. Since they have been developed and tested for centuries and are made from natural products, they do not cause any harm to the body.
● Easy To Use Home Remedies: Ayurvedic treatment for dandruff is recommended because apart from the medicines, it provides lots of home remedies that can be used to treat the condition. Some of them are:
• Washing the hair with lime water.
• Make a mixture of amla and lime juice and apply it to the scalp overnight.
• Apply warm copra oil to the scalp and let it rest all night long before washing.
Special Treatments By Ayurcliniq.com
Ayurcliniq.com is one of the most effective ayurvedic clinics for the treatment of dandruff. Located in Kerala from where the Ayurveda actually evolved, we have a team of the most experienced doctors that can help treat any condition effectively. We treat each of our patients with utmost care and importance and customize a plan for them. The staff including the doctors, nurses and the therapist engages efficiently with the patient until the problem has been cured effectively. The doctors have years of experience in practising Ayurveda and can remove the root cause of the disease. Online doctor consultation is also provided to the patients who live far off or cannot visit the clinic in person.
The patients can also try out our products for the treatment of dandruff. Systemic Anti Dandruff Oil is one the best dandruff products developed by Ayurcliniq. Massaging this oil on the scalp regularly not only gets rid of dandruff but can also relieve hair-fall and other problems.